Friday, July 6, 2007

Email from McClatchy's Office

He will be stepping down after the season, He never really got anything done though in his 11 years. Here is the email I got this afternoon, Im cant say Im upset :).

********************************************************

FROM THE DESK OF KEVIN McCLATCHY

Dear Pirates Fan:

Today I announced that I will be stepping down as
the Chief Executive Officer of the Pittsburgh Pirates
at the end of the 2007 season.

A decision of this personal and professional magnitude
is not something you make overnight. It was something Bob Nutting
and I have discussed even before the change of control took place
in January and something I decided upon a few months ago.
It is a difficult decision, but I felt the time was right to step down
as the day-to-day leader of this franchise so the organization
can move forward with a fresh leadership perspective.

I will remain as the active leader of the organization until
the end of the season. This will give the organization an
opportunity to conduct a thorough search to find my successor and
ensure a smooth transition into the next chapter of Pirates history.

I have worked hard for more than 11 years in the best interests
of the Pittsburgh Pirates, our fans and the community
and will continue to do so. Nobody within the organization
has given up on this season. I have confidence in this team.
We have played better recently and remain focused on having
a strong second half.

Thank you for your continued support of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
I hope to see you at PNC Park during the second half of the season.

Sincerely,

Kevin McClatchy
Chief Executive Officer
Pittsburgh Pirates

No comments: